Recipe: Hearty Lasagna
Picture by Smaku
It was a although in the past when I tried my luck at generating my very first lasagna. I have to say, this time – my 2nd time creating it – turned out significantly much better. I followed a slightly distinct recipe, so right here is one more variation for people interested.
Recipe adapted from: mylasagnarecipe.com
Yields: 6-eight portions
one lbs / 450 g ground beef
1 lbs / 450 g raw mild Italian sausage, sliced thinly
two cloves of garlic, chopped
1 massive onion, diced
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp dried/fresh chopped parsley
dash of sugar
12 oz spaghetti sauce
60 ml water
2 tsp dry/fresh chopped basil
salt and pepper to taste
12 lasagna noodles
23 oz ricotta cheese
one lbs / 450 g mozerella cheese, grated
one/two cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/two tsp nutmeg
one) In a large pot, using medium heat, brown ground beef, sausage, garlic, and onion [1-2].
two) Add tomato/spaghetti sauce, water and stir gently. Add fennel seeds [three], sugar, basil, about two tbsp of parsley, salt and pepper. Gently stir the pot, cover and let simmer for about one hour 30 min.
3) Make the cheese filling. In an additional bowl, mix the ricotta cheese with nutmeg, egg, 2 tbsp parsley [four].
four) Make noodles in accordance to package deal directions .
five) Grate your cheese! 
six) When the tomato sauce has simmered for 1.5 hours or so, line the bottom layer of a 9×13 baking pan with the sauce. 
seven) Line 4 pieces of the lasagna on best of the tomato layer. It is okay to somewhat stagger the pasta. 
8) Include a layer of the ricotta cheese [ten]. Then include a layer of the mozerella and parmesan cheese.
9) Repeat this method: noodles, tomato sauce, ricotta cheese, mozerella and paremsan, right up until you have 3 layers of pasta. The leading layer need to consist of the mozerella and parmesan cheeses. [eleven]
ten) Cover with aluminum foil. [twelve]
11) Bake in oven covered, at 350F for 25 min. Then get the foil off and bake for yet another 25 min. .
12) The completed lasagna need to look some thing like .
13) Consider out of oven, and appreciate! .
baked peppers with pesto and egg
Image by ebbandflo_pomomama
aha! now i see the stage of pinterest!
my variation on a recipe on my Pinterest
poached eggs on polenta
Image by telepathicparanoia
poach eggs in tomato sauce and ricotta, serve on fried polenta cakes, with bacon.