by Wine Dharma
High Fiber Foods And Fiber Drinks Provide Five Solutions For Better Health
High fiber foods do so much good for the body that more people would do well to include them in their diet. Adding high fiber foods, fiber drinks and fiber supplements to the diet may lower risks for things like heart disease, cancer and diabetes, and can help generate natural weight loss. With such benefits from high fiber foods, it is difficult to imagine why most people do not consume enough fiber.
Over the past decade, experts have been claiming that most people do not get enough high fiber foods daily and that increasing the intake of fiber can have profound effects. But, many people do not even understand what healthy high fiber foods are, or why consuming them is a sensible thing to do.
Fiber is a natural element in some foods that the body eliminates through waste. The best high fiber foods are whole grains, fruits and veggies. While high fiber foods get masticated and become smaller, the fiber does not actually get absorbed into the body. Instead, it passes from one end of the digestive system to the other, doing several very important jobs along the way.
1. High fiber foods require more chewing, meaning that they slow down the rate of eating. This allows the body time to be satiated and helps prevent weight gain from overeating.
2. When high fiber foods are ingested and go down to the stomach they merge with all the other food, slowing down the time it takes for nutrients to get into the blood stream One vital element that slows down is the absorption of sugar, which means it enters the blood stream at a constant pace, keeping the blood sugar levels from bouncing up and down. So, in addition to moderating moods and energy levels, high fiber foods also help prevent strain on the pancreas, which can hold off diabetes.
3. The slower digestion process for high fiber foods also means that an individual feels full for a longer period of time. Again, this averts overeating and the intake of empty calories.
4. As high fiber foods continue through the digestive tract, the tiny particles actually brush the insides of the intestines, removing a lining of mucus and excess waste that halts other more valuable nutrients from reaching the bloodstream. This aids in the prevention of irritations that can result in polyps and cancerous tumors, as well as eliminating toxins that can lead to numerous diseases.
5. At the end of the digestive process, high fiber foods gather waste products and shuffle them out of the body. A mixture of high fiber foods and plenty of water assures a smooth and efficient elimination process that keeps the body performing correctly.
Experts recommend that the average adult should consume 25 to 35 grams of fiber daily, yet many people only get about one half that amount. The best sources of fiber are naturally high fiber foods, but there are healthy fiber supplements, too. Fiber drinks are another option and they can make it even easier to swallow the recommended daily amount of high fiber foods.
As one of the founders of BestHealthFoodStore.net, the online health food store for whole foods, fiber drinks and more, Everett Smith helps consumers uncover the most efficient ways to reach their goals of natural weight loss and optimal fitness. He offers priceless resources for visitors to learn more about high fiber foods and fiber supplements.