Healthy Brownie Recipe – Fast Dessert Recipes – Dianne Linderman
Dianne Linderman spent a lot of time creating this delicious brownie recipe! Why? Because she didn’t like brownies that tasted like they were “store-bought,” or “boxed.” She wanted something entirely different – brownies that were crunchy and delicious on the outside and gooey on the inside. Doesn’t that sound delicious?
This recipe is very simple to make, and takes less than 10 minutes. Dianne doesn’t use white flour or white sugar, which makes these brownies a whole lot healthier!
Here is what you’ll need:
– 1 cup of softened butter
– 3 eggs
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla (not imitation vanilla)
– 1 cup of whole wheat pastry flour
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 2.5 cups organic brown sugar (maple sugar or maple syrup work great too)
– 6 1-oz squares of unsweetened chocolate
– 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
– organic olive oil spray (like PAM) to coat the bottom of your baking pan
To make the brownies:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (this lower setting will make brownies turn out gooey on the inside)
2. Except butter and unsweetened chocolate, place all the ingredients into a stand mixer and mix well
3. Take the chocolate, add it to butter and melt it; then add into the mix
4. Mix everything until smooth, and then stir by hand to make sure that you get everything from the bottom
5. Coat the bottom of your baking pan with organic olive oil spray; pour the mixture into the pan
6. Bake for 35-45 minutes
You want your brownies to be a little soft on the inside when you pull them out of the oven. When you insert a toothpick into the middle, you want it to come out with a little bit of batter on it; this is a perfect time to get your brownies out of the oven. Brownies actually keep cooking for at least 5-10 more minutes when they come out, so leaving them soft on the inside makes them taste gooey and oh so scrumptious!
Top with whipped cream and enjoy!
Dianne Linderman, syndicated national talk show host and the author of