Chimichurri is a tasty addition to any type of fish. I find that the fresh herbs brighten up this baked flounder dish in particular. To save time, gather your herbs together on your chopping board and chop them all at once. —Jennifer Okutman, Westminster, Maryland
Chimichurri Baked Flounder Recipe photo by Taste of HomeNext Recipe
- Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Makes4 servings
- 4 flounder fillets, or other lean white fish (about 3 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Lemon wedges and additional herbs, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place fillets in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together oil, chopped herbs and lemon juice. Pour over cooked fillets. If desired, serve with lemon wedges and additional herbs.
1 fillet with 3 tablespoons sauce: 313 calories, 28g fat (4g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 14g protein.